June 3, 2021
Good Samaritan Home has not had any new COVID-19 positive cases in employees or residents since our last notification letter. At this time, your loved one’s neighborhood has not been quarantined.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods or rooms.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without wearing a face mask or physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must wear a face mask when not eating and must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing). All neighborhood dining rooms (except for the main dining room) can only serve residents that reside on that neighborhood.
- Beauty Shop appointments will resume for in-house residents that are not in isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 0
Active resident cases: 1
Total employee cases since March 2020: 148
Total resident cases since March 2020: 94
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: November 12th – November 18th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm (New Time)! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am, NEW WEEKLY ACTIVITY-SCRABBLE on Fridays at 1:30pm (bring your own snacks) and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than…
News & Views from Campus: November 5th – November 11th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm (New Time)! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than welcome to attend! -Movie Highlights For The Coming Week include: Some…
News & Views from Campus: October 29th – November 4th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 6pm! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than welcome to attend! -Activities Highlights For The Coming Week include: The Haunted Halls…