September 8, 2021
Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor visitation (with the exception of compassionate care and hospice visits) across Adams, IL Long Term Care Facilities. We will notify you when indoor visitation may resume.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents with routine vitals daily, screening before and after resident leaves the building, and continuous observation for signs & symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing). All residents must eat in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms.
- Beauty Shop appointments will continue for in-house residents that are not in quarantine and/or isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 1
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 162
Total resident cases since March 2020: 97
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
Employee Tests Positive For Covid
March 28, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Testing for staff and residents will continue during outbreak status For any questions or concerns, please contact your…
Residents & employees Test Positive For Covid
March 27, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that two residents and one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank…
The Patter – March 26th 2023
News & Views from Campus: March 26th – April 1st 2023 Thursday, March 30th: The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick will take place during Catholic Mass at 10am that morning. Please plan on being present for the service if you wish to receive this. Also on Thursday the 30th, we will be celebrating…