August 30, 2021
Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. Neighborhoods have entered into different quarantine statuses based on their exposure levels. Due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the county and region, we are continuing to follow the Adams County Health Department’s recommendation of the suspension of indoor visitation (with the exception of compassionate care and hospice visits) across Adams, IL Long Term Care Facilities. We will notify you when indoor visitation may resume.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents with routine vitals daily, screening before and after resident leaves the building, and continuous observation for signs & symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing). All residents must eat in their assigned neighborhood dining rooms.
- Beauty Shop appointments will continue for in-house residents that are not in quarantine and/or isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us. For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 3
Active resident cases: 1
Total employee cases since March 2020: 161
Total resident cases since March 2020: 97
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
Residents & Employees Test Positive For Covid
March 20, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that four residents and six employees tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank…
The Patter – March 19th, 2023
News & Views from Campus: March 19th – March 25th 2023 Tuesday, March 21st: The Social Services and Activities staff on your neighborhood will be stopping by to reprogram your televisions. We are getting new equipment and all stations will now be digital (better quality). This is a fairly quick process, but please be patient…
Residents Test Positive For Covid
March 17, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that eight residents and three employees tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank…