October 20, 2022
Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. For more frequent updates on the facility’s current COVID-19 status, please visit our website at https://gshq.org/news/.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes:
- Continued screening of all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents with routine vitals daily, screening before and after resident leaves the building, and continuous observation for signs & symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
- Group activities have resumed for residents not in quarantine. Facemasks must be worn at all times.
- Fully vaccinated residents can participate in communal dining without physical distancing while at the dining table. Unvaccinated residents must continue to remain at least 6 feet from others. (This means that only fully vaccinated residents are allowed to eat at the same table without physically distancing).
- Beauty Shop appointments will continue for in-house residents that are not in quarantine and/or isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
- Indoor visitation hours are from 7:00a-8:00p. It is no longer required that you schedule your visit in advance. Please see the updated Resident Connection Programs Policy for more information.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide.
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Active employee cases: 1
Active resident cases: 0
Total employee cases since March 2020: 352
Total resident cases since March 2020: 144
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
The Patter – May 21st 2023
News & Views from Campus: May 21st – May 27th 2023 -By Request, Possum Holler Hour will debut on Monday at 2:30pm on channel 3. It will feature the Muddy River Gems episode detailing the local hit show, and a 30 – minute episode of the show! Don’t miss out! -Don’t miss the riveting tale…
The Patter – May 14th 2023
News & Views from Campus: May 14th – May 20th 2023 -National Nursing Home Week is upon us! Don’t miss out on any of our weeklong celebrations! Kick it off with The Balloon Man, Mr. Jay Almeter on Sunday afternoon at 2:15pm! Tuesday at 2pm head to the Town Hall for old fashioned Root Beer…
The Patter – May 7th, 2023
News & Views from Campus: May 7th – May 13th 2023 -The General Store now has a state-of-the-art Point of Sale system, which means to you that you can make purchases using your Debit & Credit Cards, in addition to cash and check! Come check out our huge selection of snacks, sodas, shirts and more!…