As a result of the staff testing, Good Samaritan Home was notified that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, specific individuals throughout the facility have been placed into a room quarantine. Families of those residents that have been placed into a room quarantine have been notified. No other changes to neighborhoods have been made since our last update.
- Residents are no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods and are permitted to visit other neighborhoods and internal areas of the facility. New admits and readmits will continue to go to McReynold’s Center and residents that reside on this unit will continue to stay in quarantine.
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities and chapel services are permitted in the Chapel/Social Room and Town Hall. As of now chapel services will be at 9:00am Mon-Fri and Sunday. The following precautions must be utilized: Residents and staff must properly wear a mask at all times. Non-compliant residents will NOT be able to attend. Areas on the floor will be marked to ensure residents are safely placed 6 feet apart.
- Activities department may continue van rides for the residents. Vans cannot exceed a 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Residents must wear masks during the entire outing. Any contact with the general public during this outing will be avoided. Van seats and high touch areas will be disinfected between each use. Please keep in mind that the activity schedule will be changing daily to accommodate the new policies/procedures.
- Private therapy sessions in the pool are permitted for internal residents only.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop closure.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures, please feel free to contact your designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time!
Total Employee Cases Since March: 21
Total Resident Cases Since March: 3
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
Employee Tests Positive For Covid
March 28, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: Testing for staff and residents will continue during outbreak status For any questions or concerns, please contact your…
Residents & employees Test Positive For Covid
March 27, 2023 Good Samaritan Home was notified that two residents and one employee tested positive for COVID-19. We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which includes: For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank…
The Patter – March 26th 2023
News & Views from Campus: March 26th – April 1st 2023 Thursday, March 30th: The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick will take place during Catholic Mass at 10am that morning. Please plan on being present for the service if you wish to receive this. Also on Thursday the 30th, we will be celebrating…