TESTS FROM SEPTEMBER 9 – SEPTEMBER 11 RETURN POSITIVE EMPLOYEE RESULT
As a result of our facility-wide weekly testing, we have been informed that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 from the September 9 – September 11 round of testing. This specific employee has been quarantined at home since the onset of symptoms on September 3rd. All staff will continue to be tested weekly. At this time, the resident room quarantine has been lifted and changed to a neighborhood quarantine.
We stand by our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We continue to take precautions, which include:
- Continued screening all staff members and other essential persons entering our facility for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Continued screening of all residents several times a day with vital signs and temperature checks.
- Residents quarantined to their neighborhoods.
- Neighborhood van rides will resume with proper COVID-19 precautions, such as social distancing, regular sanitation, and the requirement of masks.
- Beauty shop closure.
- Continued disinfecting of resident rooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas multiple times daily.
- All staff and residents will continue to wear masks and practice good hand hygiene.
We continue to follow guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Adams County Health Department. We will communicate new information with families, residents, staff, and the community as it becomes available to us.
Outdoor visits are still being scheduled at this time. We will contact you to set up a time for the visit.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your loved one’s designated social service aide. Thank you for your patience, prayers, and understanding during this time.
Total Employee Cases: 7
Total Resident Cases: 1
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: November 12th – November 18th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm (New Time)! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am, NEW WEEKLY ACTIVITY-SCRABBLE on Fridays at 1:30pm (bring your own snacks) and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than…
News & Views from Campus: November 5th – November 11th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm (New Time)! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than welcome to attend! -Movie Highlights For The Coming Week include: Some…
News & Views from Campus: October 29th – November 4th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 6pm! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than welcome to attend! -Activities Highlights For The Coming Week include: The Haunted Halls…