As a result of the staff testing, Good Samaritan Home was notified that two of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, residents of the affected neighborhood will return to neighborhood quarantine. The families of this neighborhood have been notified. At this time, there has been no changes to the other neighborhoods in the facility since our previous update letter.
- Residents are no longer quarantined to their neighborhoods and are permitted to visit other neighborhoods and internal areas of the facility. New admits and readmits will continue to go to McReynold’s Center and residents that reside on this unit will continue to stay in quarantine.
- Residents are permitted in outdoor courtyards that do not have public access.
- Residents are permitted to go to the general store.
- Activities and chapel services are permitted in the Chapel/Social Room and Town Hall. As of now chapel services will be at 9:00am Mon-Fri and Sunday. The following precautions must be utilized: Residents and staff must properly wear a mask at all times. Non-compliant residents will NOT be able to attend. Areas on the floor will be marked to ensure residents are safely placed 6 feet apart.
- Activities department may continue van rides for the residents. Vans cannot exceed a 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Residents must wear masks during the entire outing. Any contact with the general public during this outing will be avoided. Van seats and high touch areas will be disinfected between each use. Please keep in mind that the activity schedule will be changing daily to accommodate the new policies/procedures.
- Private therapy sessions in the pool are permitted for internal residents only.
- Residents are not permitted to eat on other neighborhoods and the dining policy has not changed. Only one resident will be allowed per table to allow for social distancing.
- Beauty Shop appointments will resume for in-house residents that are not in isolation precautions. There are no changes to their guidelines. Only one resident per stylist will be permitted. Social distancing will be implemented. Residents and stylist must wear a mask at all times. Residents are not allowed to wait in or outside the beauty shop for their appointment. Proper disinfection/sanitizing will be performed between each appointment.
All residents will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever they leave their resident room. If you have any questions regarding our current procedures please feel free to contact you designated social service aide. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time!
Good Samaritan Home of Quincy
News & Views from Campus: November 19th – November 25th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm, NEW WEEKLY ACTIVITY-SCRABBLE on Fridays at 1:30pm (bring your own snacks) and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than welcome to attend! Happy Thanksgiving! -Entertainment and Activities You Won’t Want to Miss…
News & Views from Campus: November 12th – November 18th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm (New Time)! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am, NEW WEEKLY ACTIVITY-SCRABBLE on Fridays at 1:30pm (bring your own snacks) and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than…
News & Views from Campus: November 5th – November 11th -Cottage Community Center (30D): Triple Yahtzee (weekly) on Tuesday at 4:30pm (New Time)! Canasta on Wednesday at 1pm, Coffee Hour on Thursday at 10am and Dominoes Saturday at 1pm! All cottagers are more than welcome to attend! -Movie Highlights For The Coming Week include: Some…